Incorporating speech and language learning into your daily routines is the best way to make sure your child is getting lots of opportunities to learn! If you and your child enjoy bathtime, it can be a really great time to work on your goals.
- practice asking for water “on” and “off”
- talk about “hot” and “cold”
- give children an opportunity to hear you name body parts as you wash them
- ask children which body part you should wash next
- practice following directions involving body parts (“give me your feet“)
- create opportunities to ask for bubbles and bath toys
- play games with splashing or pouring the water, and give your child a chance to ask you for more
See an example of Seth and I using bathtime to incorporate speech and language learning!